2nd Firemen’s Muster slated Saturday at PTA
Pohakuloa Training Area is hosting its second Hawaii Island Firemen’s Muster on Saturday. The muster features a series of competitions to build rapport and camaraderie between local firefighters.
• Midnight Alarm — Teams are “woken up” and must race against the clock to put on their gear and run to the “emergency” site.
• Bucket Brigade — Teams will work together to move buckets of water without spilling.
• Tug of War — Firefighters will test their strength and stamina against each other.
• Firefighter Challenge — Firefighters will flex their muscles in an obstacle course challenging their firefighting prowess.
Keiki also will test their future firefighting skills in youth versions of the Midnight Alarm and Bucket Brigade events.
Participating agencies include U.S. Army Garrison-Pohakuloa’s Fire and Emergency Services, the Hawaii Fire Department and its volunteer firefighting companies and the Department of Transportation’s Aircraft Rescue and Firefighters.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.