Cooking up a rainbow
A six-session healthy cooking course was recently provided through a collaboration between the Kohala Center, Department of Health, USDA and Hawaii Community College. “We need to cook with less salt and sugar while using more fresh fruits and vegetables to improve the health of our community” said Lenard Allen of the DOH. The experience was educational and brought together staff from many agencies who will pass on their healthy cooking knowledge to others.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.