Hawaii Nei block printing workshop slated
Join block print artist Gretchen Grove for a special block printing workshop from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday on the Wailoa Center lanai.
Spend the day creating a linoleum block print of your favorite native species. You will learn how to translate photos into drawings, transfer the drawing to linoleum, carve and print the image.
No previous experience is required, just a willingness to have fun. And you’ll leave with a finished block print.
The materials fee is $10.
This workshop is in association with the Hawaii Nei Art Show.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.