HICA awards two scholarships
The Hawaii Island Contractors’ Association and its co-sponsors, Bank of Hawaii and Honsador Lumber LLC, awarded two $750 scholarships to second-year Hawaii Community College carpentry major students — BJ Francis and Hunter Christensen.
For the past 15years, the HICA and its co-sponsors annually hold a Scholarship Trolling Tournament to fund the scholarships for students entering their second year of college pursuing a degree in a construction-related field.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.