Parker School announces scholarship recipients
Parker School announces the recipients of the ninth-grade Richard Smart Scholarships and middle school Ulu Pono Scholarships for the 2014-15 school year.
For each type of scholarship, three new students and one current student were selected and will receive $8,500 toward tuition for each year of their Parker career provided they maintain appropriate academic and behavioral standing.
The Ulu Pono Scholars were selected based on financial need, academic promise, strong character and passion for an area of interest.
The Smart Scholars were selected on the basis of financial need, merit and exceptional academic potential.
The school congratulates the following scholars:
• Richard Smart Scholars — Pono Blaisdel, currently at Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School in Lihue, Kauai; Spencer Corabi, Paauilo Intermediate School; Owen Matsuda, Parker School; Mathias Migliorini-Marchesi, Waikoloa Middle School;
• Ulu Pono Scholars — Emily Fetsch, grade 7, Waimea Middle Public Charter Conversion School; Benjamin Koai‘a May, fifth grade, Kanu o ka ‘Aina New Century Public Charter School; Taiga Okada, fifth grade, Waikoloa Elementary School; Eloise Robertson, fifth grade, Parker School.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.