Scouts honor the departed
Thor Saiki, 18, of Boy Scout Troop 46, levels headstones and realigns the landscape for his Eagle Scout project Feb. 4 in a The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints section of Alae Cemetery in Hilo. Saiki completed his project with the help of other Boy Scouts and members of the Kaumana, Kilauea and Keaukaha wards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Saiki took the guidance of Aukai Sewell, who performed the same service for his Eagle Scout project 37 years ago.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.