Yearbook cover art contest winner
Pahoa Elementary School and Reed Takaaze Photography recently sponsored a yearbook art contest for students in grades 1-6 who submitted entries to a panel of judges.
Winner of the contest was sixth-grader David Martinez. His drawing depicted the theme of this year’s yearbook, “Pahoa … Our School, Our Town,” and will grace the cover of the 2013-14 school annual.
Martinez was honored during an assembly in the Pahoa High School gymnasium and was awarded an iPad Mini courtesy of the photo studio.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.