Large structure catches fire in Keaau
The Hawaii County Fire Department said a fire fully engulfed a large structure in Keaau Friday evening.
The residents had just arrived home and heard a couple of explosions and saw smoke coming from the structure located at 16-2000 Hopue Rd., according to the report.
Officials responded to the fire around 5: 25 p.m., and the fire was out around 5:50 p.m., according to the report.
American Red Cross was brought in for support.
No one was injured in the fire.
The cause is still under investigation.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.