90-year-old woman killed in Kona traffic crash
A 90-year-old Kona woman was killed in a one-car collision Thursday, according to a police log.
The victim was identified as Jane Ota of Kailua-Kona.
The location of the collision is listed as Mamalahoa Highway (Highway 190) and Kalaoa Street in Kailua-Kona.
No other details were disclosed. The Tribune-Herald was unable to contact Kona police Sunday.
If Ota’s death is ruled an official traffic fatality, it will be the ninth on the Big Island in 2014.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.