Big Island Drug Court plans events
The Big Island Drug Court is hosting a number of events this month in conjunction with “National Drug Court Month.”
Each year, drug court programs across the nation host events to bring awareness to the programs’ success in treating drug offenders.
The first event was Saturday, but there are several more planned. Here is the schedule of events:
• 9-11:30 a.m. Tuesday: Drug Court poster contest and school visit at Kona Drug Court, 81-940 Halekii St. in Kealakekua. Konawaena Elementary School and Kealakehe Elementary School students will have an opportunity to visit the court, at which time the winner will be named in a poster contest.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday: Drug Court Appreciation Day and graduation at Hilo Drug Court, Hale Kaulike, 777 Kilauea Ave.
• 12 a.m.-noon Thursday: Hilo Drug Court Appreciation Day, to acknowledge employers, sponsors, family members and community members for their support of the BIDC participants and the program.
• 12:30-3 p.m. Thursday: Hilo Drug Court graduation, showcasing the success of the BIDC participants and the program.
The location, date and time of a community service project by the Hilo Drug Court program will be announced.
Aside from the BIDC events scheduled for “National Drug Court Month,” the public is welcome to observe any drug court hearing. In Kona, drug court starts at 9 a.m. Mondays in the courtroom at 81-940 Halekii St. in Kealakekua. In Hilo, drug court is 1 p.m. Thursdays at Hale Kaulike, 777 Kilauea Ave.
If you have any questions regarding the Big Island Drug Court, please call Grayson Hashida, Drug Court Coordinator, at (808) 443-2201.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.