Driver died from medical condition
An autopsy has determined that 52-year-old Matthew B. Lee of Kailua-Kona, who died Wednesday in a two-vehicle crash on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near the 71.5 mile marker, died of a medical condition and not from injuries sustained in the crash.
As a result, the traffic death toll was reduced to three official fatalities this year compared to seven at this time last year, and a negligent homicide investigation has been re-classified as a coroner’s inquest, police said.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.