Lost 65-year-old tourist located
Pohakuloa Training Area Fire personnel rescued a 65-year-old tourist who was reported lost in the forest near the 24 mile marker on Saddle Road.
The man hiked into the woods to go bird watching about 6:30 a.m. Friday and became disoriented in the ohia forest, which consists of thick brush and rough lava terrain.
A search was mounted when he didn’t return by Friday evening, using his cellphone coordinates, and he was eventually located deep in the forest and escorted out.
The man did not require medical attention.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.