Man drowns off Kohala
Fire Rescue personnel recovered the body of a 79-year-old man who apparently drowned in the ocean Monday in North Kohala.
Eleven units, including both county helicopters and the U.S. Coast Guard, responded to the 11:20 a.m. alarm of the drowning off Old Halaula Lighthouse Road, according to a written Fire Department statement.
The body was found floating face down with no signs of life in the open ocean.
Police have not yet identified the man but said that he was a local resident.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.