Roadwork planned for week
The state Department of Transportation Highways Division has announced the following roadwork for this week:
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19), alternating lane closures on Umauma Bridge in the vicinity of Hakalau (16-mile marker) in both directions, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for steel bridge repairs. The speed limit on Umauma Bridge is reduced to 25 mph and vehicle weight limit is 25 tons. All trucks heavier than 25 tons are to use detour on Kauniho Road, Old Mamalahoa Highway and Leopolino Road.
• On Volcano Highway (Route 11), alternating single-lane closures in both directions between milepost Markers 8.6 and 13.4, between Keaau and Mountain View, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. daily, for pavement reconstruction.
Please note, lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice and all roadwork is weather permitting.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.