Seven Big Isle companies win Taste Awards
Seven Big Island companies or individuals are finalists of the inaugural Taste Awards presented by the Hawaii Food Manufacturers Association (HFMA).
They were nominated by members of the statewide HFMA and supporting organizations. The winners of eight different awards will be announced Saturday, June 14, on Oahu.
The finalists include:
• Big Island Abalone of Keahole-Kona for Product of the Year.
• Big Island Bees of Captain Cook for Innovate Hawaii Manufacturer of the Year-Small Company.
• Glow Hawaii Inc. of Waikoloa for Community Service Award.
• Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company of Kawaihae for Innovate Hawaii Manufacturer of the Year-Small Company.
• KTA Superstores with islandwide locations for Governor’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
• KTA Superstores with islandwide locations for Innovative Marketing Award.
• Nina Tanabe of Hilo for Advocate of the Year.
• University of Hawaii College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources for Supplier of the Year.
• FCH Enterprises for Governor’s Lifetime Achievement Award. FCH operates Zippy’s in Hilo.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.