Traffic change on Banyan Drive
To accommodate mass walkers at the 17th Annual Hilo Heart and Stroke Walk and Health Fair, a temporary one-way traffic pattern will be in effect on Banyan Drive.
Traffic will be allowed to flow in the makai, or northeasterly, direction on Banyan Drive between both sides of Lihiwai Street. The one-way traffic pattern will be in effect between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 15.
During these times, parking will be allowed only on one side of Banyan Drive to coincide with the one-way traffic pattern.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.