Motion: Guam jurors posted trial details online
HAGATNA, Guam (AP) — Two men and a woman convicted of running a meth ring in Guam are asking for a new trial because of allegations jurors ignored instructions not to discuss the case.
In the motion unsealed this month, a defense attorney alleges several jurors spoke about the case, including posting details about the trial on Facebook.
The court filing includes screen-shots of a juror’s Facebook page and transcripts of phone calls another juror made with a woman in the same detention center as one of those convicted.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.