TODAY, Feb. 9
Where: Aunty Sally’s Hale, 799 Piilani St., Hilo
When: 5-10 p.m. Feb. 9
Details: Big Island Ballroom Dance Club Valentine Dance. Everyone invited, both couples and singles. To buy a ticket, call Carol at 969-6607. Tickets $15/$18 until Feb. 6. Thereafter, add $10.
Contact: Suzanne, 640-2340
THE MAKAHA SONS VALENTINE’S CONCERT
Where: Palace Theater, 38 Haili St., Hilo
When: 7 p.m. Feb. 9
Details: Multiple Na Hoku Hanohano Award winners for timeless recordings and commitment to the music of Hawaii. Tickets $30 in advance, $35 at door.
Contact: Palace Theater, 934- 7010, email@example.com
‘THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES’
Where: Kahilu Theatre, Waimea
When: 7 p.m. Feb. 9
Details: Award-winning play based on V-Day founder/playwright Eve Ensler’s interviews with more than 200 women. With humor and grace the piece celebrates women’s sexuality and strength. Directed by Jane Sibbett (Friends), who is also performing; 90 percent of net proceeds goes to isle organizations working to end violence against women and children. The other 10 percent goes to the V-Day Spotlight Campaign (part of OneBillionRising.org.) Tickets $20/$10 at box office. Call 885- 6868.
Contact: Jane Sibbett, 987-9487, firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNDAY, Feb. 10
Where: Keaau Public & School Library, 16-571 Kea’au-Pahoa Road
When: 10-11 a.m. Feb. 10
Details: Come and share your heart as Piccadilly reads some funny and sweet stories about Valentine’s Day. Make a special card for a very special person.
Contact: Lynise Tarring, 982- 4084, email@example.com
THURSDAY, Feb. 14
VALENTINE JAZZ CLUB
Where: VAC Niaulani Campus
When: 7 p.m. Feb. 14
Details: Valentine Jazz Club featuring Brandon Shannon Trio and a short comedy skit it on love; $5.
Contact: Julie Callahan, 967- 8222, firstname.lastname@example.org
COURAGE TO LOVE HAWAII
Where: Kalani Oceanside Retreat
When: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14
Details: Formerly the Puna Men’s Chorus. Guest conductor Jon Arterton, director of the Provincetown, Mass.-based Outer Cape Chorale in a concert all about love. The concert will feature heart-stirring songs in both English and Hawaiian. In addition, Jon and his partner, James Mack, will perform songs from their original musical, “Just Married.” Tickets are $12/advance; $15/adult; $12 senior/student at the door, and are available at Basically Books and Jungle Love.
Contact: Sandi Alstrand, 965- 1866, email@example.com
KMC VALENTINE’S DAY
Where: Kilauea Military Camp
When: 5-8 p.m. Feb. 14
Details: Enjoy buffet in Crater Rim Cafe casual setting, with roasted pork loin, vegetarian lasagna, fettuccini with a ragout of slow cooked beef, mashed potatoes, rice, honey glazed carrots, salad bar, dessert and beverage. Adults, $21.95; children 6-11, $10.95. Park fees may apply.
Contact: Piilani Galdones, 967- 8356, marketing@kmc-volcano. com
VALENTINE’S DAY RED PIN BOWLING
Where: KMC Bowling Lanes
When: 5-9 p.m. Feb. 14
Details: Make a strike with the special red pin in the No. 1 spot and win a $15 KMC gift certificate. Call 967-8350/8352 for more information. Park fees apply.
Contact: Dana Fujimoto, 967- 8352, marketing@kmc-volcano. com
FRIDAY, Feb. 15
Where: UH-Hilo Campus Center Dining Room
When: 8 p.m. Feb. 15
Details: Enjoy Valentine’s with food, drinks, music, and lots of laughs featuring comedians Mel Cabang, Da Braddahs, Bu La’ia, and the Puna Princess. Also muscial guest Bro. Lito! Tickets only $15 at CD Wizard, and Blane’s Drive-in (Hilo locations), $20 at the door. Contact: Melia 895-0397 for more info.
Contact: Melia, 895-0397