Fire Capt. Mattias Kusch explains his job to a St. Joseph kindergarten class during Career Day at St. Joseph Elementary School on Jan. 25. Students learned about interesting careers from various business people in the community. Participating in Career Day were: Jake Galves, disc jockey; Yutaka Hayano, astronomy researcher; Mattias Kusch, fire captain; Elizabeth Moore, air traffic controller; Jade Nakamura, national park ranger; Charles Ensey, farmer; and Sunyoung Kim, psychology professor; and David Bock, Hawaii Tribune-Herald editor.
Career Day at St. Joe
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publications Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publications Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.