Earth Day cleanup at Coconut Island a success
The organizers, Nautilus Dive Center Inc. and Kidsdivein, wish to thank all those who helped in the beach cleanup at Coconut Island. The Earth Day event at Hilo Bay was on Sunday, April 28. With 20 divers and 30 surface volunteers, it was a big success. A special thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Steve Baca. Mrs. Saeko Hayashi and the young men of Boy Scout Troop 76.
Mahalo to all.
Bill De Rooy
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.