Iron keiki in Waimea
Big Island triathletes Susan Nixon and Helgi Olafson pause for a photo with some of the participants in Hawaii Preparatory Academy’s Keiki Triathlon Sept. 29. Olafson and Nixon motivated and supported the young triathletes, who swam, biked on a grass course and ran on the school track. About 80 students in grades K-5 participated. Big Island triathletes Mark and Sylvia Ravaglia also were on hand to motivate and support the youngsters. Betsy Tranquilli, HPA’s Lower School physical education teacher, organized the event.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.