Paauilo farm to host workshop
It’s time to rediscover our connections to the environment, food, and community through the lens of the Hawaiian farmer, say the folks at Hale Hookipa Farms in Paauilo, who have scheduled an experiential workshop next month.
On Saturday, Oct. 12, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., “E ala o Mahiai – The way of the Farmer,” a unique event, will be hosted at the Hamakua Coast facility featuring experts M. Kalani Souza and Craig Elevitch.
“Participants should be prepared to go beyond their regular comfort zone to envision their relationship to the natural world from a Hawaiian perspective,” said spokeswoman Julie Stowell.
“Join us for this fun, hands-on experience to learn how to reconnect in a Hawaiian way, grow a low-maintenance perennial food-producing landscape, create community around food capacity, and make new friends,” she said.
The fee is $60 per person or $100 for two family members. Call Stowell at 776-1077 or email email@example.com.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.