2 hikers rescued from Mauna Loa
MAUNA LOA (AP) — The Hawaii County Fire Department says two hikers have been rescued from Mauna Loa on the Big Island.
Authorities say the 50-year-old Australian man and 29-year-old German woman wandered from their hiking trail after dark Friday and called for help.
Crews responded to the scene within an hour and a-half.
The hikers were found in good condition near the summit.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.