DOT announces Big Island roadwork
The state Department of Transportation has announced the following Big Island roadwork for Monday, Jan. 14 through Friday, Jan. 18:
• On Volcano Highway (Route 11), lane shiftsin the northbound direction in the vicinity of the Keaau Bypass Road intersection between East Palai Street and Keaau-Pahoa Road, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily, for roadway reconstruction.
• On Volcano Highway (Route 11), alternating single-lane closures in both directions in the vicinity of Kulani Road between South Pszyk and Kukui Camp roads, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, for roadway striping and traffic signal installation.
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19), alternating lane closures in both directions between Kahawai and Hauola roads, in the vicinity of Kalopa, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for guardrail installation.
• On Akoni Pule Highway (Route 270), alternating single-lane closures in both directions between Koko Iki Road and Ala Kahua Drive, in the vicinity of Mahukona, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, for roadway resurfacing.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) near Makalei, alternating single-lane closures in both directions between Hina Lani Street/North Kona Belt Road and Old Kona Village Road, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, for roadway reconstruction work.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11), alternating lane closures in both directions between Haawina Street and St. Paul Road in the vicinity of Kainaliu, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, for bank stabilization.
Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice. All roadwork is weather permitting.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.