Fire damages kitchen at Golf Club
A small fire caused about $150,000 worth of damage Monday evening to a kitchen at the Waikoloa Village Golf Club.
Eight units responded to the 6:16 p.m. alarm, according to a written Fire Department statement. The first unit arrived on scene at 6:25 p.m. The fire was reported under control at 6:50 p.m. and extinguished at about 7 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the building and forced their way into the building through the front door. Roof ventilation allowed smoke to escape and flames to be extinguished, fire officials said, and the fire was confined to the kitchen.
An estimated $500,000 worth of property was saved, according to the Fire Department.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.