Fire destroys Pepeekeo home
No one was injured in a house fire Saturday morning in Pepeekeo.
Six units responded to an 8:09 a.m. alarm. The first unit arrived at the single-family home at 28-0530 Kulaimano Rd. at 8:20 a.m., according to a written Fire Department statement.
The fire, which authorities said was caused by a candle, was reported under control at 8:30 a.m. and extinguished at 8:45 a.m.
All of the occupants got out safely and no one required medical attention. County tax records list the home’s owners as Gabriel G. Jose and Jovy L. Tagalicod.
Fire officials estimate damages at $84,000 with about $20,000 worth of property saved. Two back bedrooms sustained the most damage.
Local Red Cross disaster volunteers responded to meet with the home’s residents and ensure their immediate emergency needs for food, shelter and clothing are met, the nonprofit organization said.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.