Firefightrers rescue two felled by fumes
Two residents of a Mauna Kea Properties home in South Kohala may have been overcome by fumes in their home Sunday morning. Hawaii County firefighters found the residents to be unresponsive at 11:09 a.m., and removed then from the two-story home, said a Fire Department media release.
The county’s Hazardous Materials Team was activated to investigate and discovered a mechanical malfunction in a pool exhaust system on the property.
The problem was fixed and the residents returned to the home, the release said. Two engines, two medical units, a hazardous materials truck and two other vehicles were dispatched to the scene. The last unit left more than four hours after the first response.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.