HEMIC directors declare $1.5M dividend
The board of directors of Hawaii Employers’ Mutual Insurance Company, Inc., has declared a $1.5 million dividend payable to qualifying policyholders. This is the sixth consecutive year that the board has authorized a multimillion dollar dividend. Loyal policyholders with good safety records qualified for the dividend, according to the rules of the dividend distribution plan adopted by the board.
“HEMIC’s directors believe that it is particularly important to support local Hawaii businesses during these challenging economic times,” said HEMIC Chief Executive Officer Marty Welch. “Today more than ever, we recognize the importance of sharing HEMIC’s success with the policyholders that have contributed to our strong financial position. This dividend declaration is a clear statement that effective investment in safety pays.”
HEMIC is a Hawaii-based, mutual insurance company owned and governed by its policyholders, specializing in workers’ compensation insurance. The company is rated “A” (excellent and secure) by A.M. Best. Most Hawaii employers are guaranteed coverage and premiums are tailored to the employers’ individual loss history. Visit www.hemic.com.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.