Home destroyed by fire
A structure fire destroyed an Ainaloa home on Wednesday morning.
Six units responded to the 8:16 a.m. alarm. The first unit arrived on scene nine minutes later at the home at 16-2027 35th Avenue. The fire was reported under control at 9:10 a.m. and extinguished at 9:40 a.m.
No one was injured.
Fire officials estimate the loss of the home and its contents at $100,000, and don’t yet know the cause of the fire.
According to county property tax records, the homeowners are Matthew and Janell Meyer.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.