House fire caused $10K in damage
Fire officials say a Saturday evening house fire in Waimea caused about $10,000 in damage.
According to a written Fire Department statement, nine units responded to the 6:54 alarm. The first unit arrived to the home at 65-1247 Laelae Way nine minutes later, to find no one home and heavy smoke coming from windows.
Although smoke had spread through the two-story structure, visible flames were confined to a bathroom. Firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze with portable extinguishers.
Authorities believe the fire may have been started by an appliance plugged into a power strip next to the sink.
Fire Inspectors will continue to investigate.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.