Ka’u brushfire affects traffic
Traffic was reduced briefly to one lane on Highway 11 on Friday due to a brush fire.
The small fire burned 1,500 square feet of brush along the side of the highway, said Ty Medeiros, West Hawaii battalion chief with the Fire Department.
Police reduced traffic to one lane at mile marker 71 near Kahuku Ranch to allow fire fighters to extinguish the fire.
Medeiros said it took a half an hour to extinguish.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.