Kulani hearings planned
The state Department of Public Safety has scheduled two public hearings this month in East Hawaii to discuss plans to reopen Kulani Correctional Facility. Questions and comments about the draft environmental assessment are welcome.
The meetings are on Jan. 22 at 4 p.m. at the county’s Aupuni Center conference room, 101 Pauahi St. in Hilo, and Jan. 31 at 5 p.m. at the Keaau Community Center at 16-186 Pili Mua St. in Keaau.
For more information, call Wendy Botelho-Cortez at 974-6262.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.