Man pleads not guilty to murder
A 48-year-old Mountain View man has pleaded not guilty to a January slaying in Puna.
On Wednesday, Hilo Circuit Judge Greg Nakamura ordered Walter Boyd Bremmer to stand trial on March 11 at 9 a.m.
Bremmer is charged with second-degree murder, first-degree robbery and use of a firearm in a felony for the killing of 52-year-old Robert John “Johnny” Leong of Eden Roc.
Leong was found dead outside his home on Jan. 28. An autopsy found that he died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and strangulation with a cord-like object.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.