Man who fell 115 feet at HVNP is still at HMC
The 73-year-old man who fell from a 115-foot cliff in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park earlier this week was still at Hilo Medical Center on Thursday, a hospital spokeswoman clarified.
Spokeswoman Elena Cabatu said Wednesday that the man had been discharged.
Staff were looking under the incorrect name and misstated that he was no longer there, she said.
He was admitted under the name Osachy Harry.
The park had reported his name as Harry Osachy.
Cabatu said he was in stable condition.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.