Meeting about new Hilo pier today
The state Department of Land and Natural Resources will hold a meeting today on a new pier in Hilo Bay.
The meeting, on the project’s Conservation District use application, will be held at 6 p.m. in the Aupuni Conference Room at 101 Pauahi St.
Construction of the pier, expected to cost $37 million, is scheduled to begin this summer.
A copy of the application can be viewed at the Hilo State Library and at the DLNR district office at 75 Aupuni St., room 204.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.