Palau president to discuss island nation’s balancing act
The president of the Republic of Palau, Tommy Remengesau, will share stories about how this island nation is balancing local needs and outside interests, while protecting its natural and cultural resources, at a special program from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, June 3, at Hokuloa Church in Puako.
Admission is free. For more information, and to RSVP, please call 808-587- 6240 or visit the Nature Conservancy facebook page at: facebook.com/TNCHawaii.” The program is sponsored by The Nature Conservancy of Hawaii.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.