Puna agricultural learning center moves ahead
The state Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would establish an agricultural learning center in Puna.
The center would provide training and education for farmers and provide a business incubator for agriculture ventures.
It would be operated under the University of Hawaii at Hilo’s College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management.
Sen. Russell Ruderman, D-Puna, introduced the legislation, Senate Bill 380.
Ruderman said it would operate under a shoe-string budget and likely include one to three staff members.
The bill has been transferred to the House for consideration.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.