Roadwork scheduled for week
Starting today, county road crews will resume resurfacing the roads in Hamakua and North Hilo weekdays between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., weather permitting. Drivers should plan for alternating lane closures.
• Today through Thursday: The remainder of Kula Kahiko Road is scheduled for completion.
• Sept. 13-19: One mile on Pohakea Mauka Road in Hamakua will be resurfaced.
• Sept. 23-27: Piha Kahuku Road in North Hilo will be resurfaced.
Roadwork in Hamakua and North Hilo should be completed by the end of the month.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.