Roadwork slated for this week
The state Department of Transportation announces the following daily roadwork for Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., weather permitting:
• On Puainako Street (Route 2000) in Hilo, alternating lane closures in both directions between milepost markers 0 and 1, for roadway reconstruction.
• On Volcano Highway (Route 11), alternating single-lane closures in both directions between Kukui Camp Road and North Psyzk Road, for roadway construction.
• On Hawaii Belt Road (Route 19) near Kalopa, alternating lane closures in both directions between Kahawai Road and Hauola Road, for shoulder paving.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 190), alternating lane closures in both directions south of the Waikoloa Road intersection, for roadway widening.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 190) in Makalei, alternating single-lane closures in both directions between Uluoa Street and Old Kona Village Road, for pavement striping and guardrail installation.
• On Mamalahoa Highway (Route 190) between Kaapuna and Kaohe, alternating lane closures in both directions between milepost markers 92.5 and 96.5, for pavement reconstruction.
Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.