Police have initiated a theft investigation in connection with a tractor that was stolen from Hilo in June.
Sometime between 7:30 p.m. on June 27 and 5:30 a.m. on June 28, a John Deere six-wheel Gator 6×4 with black seats was removed from a private road off Kaiwiki Road in the Wainaku area of Hilo.
It was valued at more than $4,000.
Police ask anyone with information about this case or the location of the tractor to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.