Volcano House recently announced a grand opening and open house scheduled for Friday, Sept. 6.
“Festivities are open to the public and celebrate the successful completion of a multi-million dollar renovation and restoration as well as showcase the ‘new’ Volcano House,” said General Manager Rudy Fao.
The following activities are free and open to hotel guests, visitors to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the community:
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Open House. Coffee and cookies will be served in the lobby.
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. Music by Rupert Tripp Jr. at the Pa Hula.
• 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Hula ‘Auana by Kupuna at the Pa Hula.
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Interpretive Walk (1 hour) at 11 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. History of Volcano House interpretive walk starts at Kilauea Visitor Center and ends at Volcano House. The walk will be led by a Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Ranger.
• 12 -3 p.m. Guest rooms tours.
Park entrance fees apply. Parking is available on site and at Kilauea Visitor Center.