Volcano House to hold grand opening
Volcano House recently announced a grand opening and open house scheduled for Friday, Sept. 6.
“Festivities are open to the public and celebrate the successful completion of a multi-million dollar renovation and restoration as well as showcase the ‘new’ Volcano House,” said General Manager Rudy Fao.
The following activities are free and open to hotel guests, visitors to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and the community:
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Open House. Coffee and cookies will be served in the lobby.
• 10:30-11:30 a.m. Music by Rupert Tripp Jr. at the Pa Hula.
• 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Hula ‘Auana by Kupuna at the Pa Hula.
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Interpretive Walk (1 hour) at 11 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. History of Volcano House interpretive walk starts at Kilauea Visitor Center and ends at Volcano House. The walk will be led by a Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Ranger.
• 12 -3 p.m. Guest rooms tours.
Park entrance fees apply. Parking is available on site and at Kilauea Visitor Center.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.