2 people die in house fire
HONOLULU (AP) — Two people have died in a house fire in Honolulu.
Officials with the Honolulu Fire Department said the fire in Waipahu early Tuesday morning destroyed the home.
Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at 12:45 a.m. By the time they arrived less than 10 minutes later, the front of the home was engulfed in flames. It took about another half-hour to bring the fire under control.
Officials say the bodies of a man and a woman were found in the home. A third person was able to escape. The cause of the fire is being investigated.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.