Fire breaks out at Waikiki restaurant
WAIKIKI, Oahu (AP) — Firefighters were called to a fire Friday morning at a restaurant at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center in Waikiki.
The fire broke out around 3:23 a.m. Friday inside the Cheesecake Factory on Kalakaua Avenue. The fire is believed to have begun in the kitchen when grease ignited.
Police shut down Kalakaua Avenue to accommodate fire crews called to the scene.
Honolulu police said the street was reopened by 7 a.m.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.