Hawaii fashion awards revived
HONOLULU (AP) — The governor is reviving fashion awards last given out more than a decade ago.
The awards were to be presented in Honolulu on Wednesday at the end of Hawaii Fashion Month.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie said the monthlong celebration of Hawaii fashion and the fashion awards both provide opportunities to showcase the islands as an international fashion destination.
He said Hawaii’s fashion industry has the potential to become a billion dollar industry and further diversify the state’s economy.
Awards were presented in a dozen categories including retail, design, photography, beauty and styling.
Jams World founder David “Pua” Rochlen is being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.