Kauai Community College dedicates Inouye building
LIHUE, Kauai (AP) — Kauai Community College is holding a blessing and dedication this week for a building newly renamed after the late Sen. Daniel Inouye.
Inouye’s wife, Irene Hirano Inouye and his son, Ken Inouye, are both due to attend Friday’s ceremony for the Daniel K. Inouye Technology Center.
The 18,000-square-foot building is the home to the Hawaii Space Flight Lab and a photonics lab with laser and optics.
Inouye played a key role in the creation and equipping the photonics and optics Lab. He was also a supporter of the space flight lab.
Kahu Nani Hill of the Hanapepe Hawaiian Congregational Church will perform the blessing. Kauai Community College’s Hawaiian Studies students and instructor Pualiiliimaikalani Rossi will pay tribute to the senator with oli and hula.
Rules for posting comments
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.