Waimea swimming pool vandalized
WAIMEA, Oahu (AP) — Waimea’s swimming pool has been vandalized.
Lenny Rapozo, director of the Department of Parks and Recreation, says someone in the last few days ripped the pool’s entire mobile chair lift off its platform and threw it in the pool.
He says staff spent several hours retrieving broken parts from the pool.
Rapozo says the vandalism means that people with special needs who require the chair to use the pool will no longer be able to do so.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.