Ethel Harue Nabeta Iwashita, 87, of Hilo died Feb. 22 in Hilo. Born in Hilo, she was a retired teacher from Waiakeawaena Elementary School and previously worked as a social worker for the State of Hawaii. Private services held. No koden. No flowers. Survived by husband, Haruo Iwashita of Hilo; daughter, Noreen Aki (Russell) Ogawa of Oahu; sister, Nora Nabeta of Hilo; brother, Ralph (Mildred) Nabeta of California; a granddaughter, a niece and nephews. Arrangements by Dodo Mortuary.
Obits for February 28
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publications Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publications Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.