Obituaries for May 13
Sunao “Sam” Mayeda, 78, of Hilo died April 29 in Hilo. Born in Kaiwiki, he was a retired bookkeeper for the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel and a U.S. Army veteran. No services. Private burial to be held at Hawaii Veterans Cemetery No.2. Survived by sister, Masako Kadooka of Hilo; brothers, Melvin (Chris) Mayeda of Torrance, Calif., Clarence Akio Mayeda of Honolulu; sister-in-law, Klothilde Mayeda of Bad Mergentheim, Germany; numerous nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews. Arrangements by Dodo Mortuary.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.