Emily Sakaguchi, 92, of Hilo died April 28 at the Hale Anuenue Restorative Care Center in Hilo. Born in Hilo, she was a retired preschool teacher and member of Kaumana Drive Baptist Church. Visitation 4-5 p.m. Friday at Dodo Mortuary Chapel, Hilo; memorial service at 5 p.m. Casual attire. Survived by brothers, Harry Sakaguchi of Oahu and Dr. Paul Sakaguchi of California; sisters, Shizuko Loo of Honolulu and Betty (Ray) Someda of Oahu; numerous nephews and nieces. Arrangements by Dodo Mortuary.
Obituaries for May 6
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Stephens Media LLC or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Stephens Media LLC is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.