The Big Island Auto Club held its annual 2012 Award Banquet on Nov. 10 at Hilo’s New Star Restaurant.
The BIAC Board of Directors announced the following winners and runners-up for Pro-Gas and E T Brakcet competitions:
• 8.90 Index (Quick Rod): Winner Gary Mizuno; runnerup Dean Kalawe.
• 9.90 Index (Super Rod): Winner Davy Watanabe; runnerup Jonathan Santiago.
• 8.90 Index (Hot Rod): Winner Chad Fiesta; runnerup Raycen Wong.
• 11.90 Index (Street Rod): Kaike Deponte; runnerup Lawrence Cacabelos.
• 12.90 Index (Jr. Street Rod): Winner Ian Bernard; runnerup Christopher Mulliken.
• Pro-Bike: Winner Jonn Malson; runnerup James “Kimo” Kamanu.
• Bracket Winner: Chad Fiesta; runnerup Davy Watanabe.
• Sports Compact: Winner Ian Bernard; runner-up Christopher Mulliken.
• Bracket Bike: Winner Jonn Malson; runnerup Sheldon Asejo.
• Junior Dragster: Winner Sydney Koga; runnerup Dione Tobara.
• Driver of the Year: Chad Fiesta.
The 2013 season opener will be held in February, according to Russ Roberts, who reported race results throughout the 2012 season.