BIAC honors members at banquet
The Big Island Auto Club held its annual 2012 Award Banquet on Nov. 10 at Hilo’s New Star Restaurant.
The BIAC Board of Directors announced the following winners and runners-up for Pro-Gas and E T Brakcet competitions:
• 8.90 Index (Quick Rod): Winner Gary Mizuno; runnerup Dean Kalawe.
• 9.90 Index (Super Rod): Winner Davy Watanabe; runnerup Jonathan Santiago.
• 8.90 Index (Hot Rod): Winner Chad Fiesta; runnerup Raycen Wong.
• 11.90 Index (Street Rod): Kaike Deponte; runnerup Lawrence Cacabelos.
• 12.90 Index (Jr. Street Rod): Winner Ian Bernard; runnerup Christopher Mulliken.
• Pro-Bike: Winner Jonn Malson; runnerup James “Kimo” Kamanu.
• Bracket Winner: Chad Fiesta; runnerup Davy Watanabe.
• Sports Compact: Winner Ian Bernard; runner-up Christopher Mulliken.
• Bracket Bike: Winner Jonn Malson; runnerup Sheldon Asejo.
• Junior Dragster: Winner Sydney Koga; runnerup Dione Tobara.
• Driver of the Year: Chad Fiesta.
The 2013 season opener will be held in February, according to Russ Roberts, who reported race results throughout the 2012 season.
Rules for posting comments
Comments posted below are from readers. In no way do they represent the view of Oahu Publishing Inc. or this newspaper. This is a public forum.
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content but the newspaper is under no obligation to do so. Comment posters are solely responsible under the Communications Decency Act for comments posted on this Web site. Oahu Publishing Inc. is not liable for messages from third parties.
IP and email addresses of persons who post are not treated as confidential records and will be disclosed in response to valid legal process.
Do not post:
- Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
- Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
- Copyrighted materials of any sort without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- Personal attacks, insults or threats.
- The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
- Comments unrelated to the story.
If you believe that a commenter has not followed these guidelines, please click the FLAG icon below the comment.